The Young Transatlantic Innovative Leaders Initiative Fellowship
Launched in 2016, the Young Transatlantic Innovative Leaders Initiative Fellowship is the flagship program of the Young Transatlantic Innovation Leaders Initiative (YTILI) of the U.S. Department of State. The program is supported by the German Marshall Fund of the United States (GMF).
The YTILI Fellowship program empowers young European entrepreneurs and innovators with the tools, networks, and resources they need to grow their enterprises and contribute more fully to economic development and job creation, security, and good governance in the region. YTILI is also a vehicle for building a network of innovators that can contribute to on an ongoing policy dialogue that strengthens the transatlantic relationship.
In 2019, the YTILI Fellowship will engage young European entrepreneurs in a series of professional development and leadership activities that are designed to support the growth and development of commercial and social business ventures in their home communities.
The program includes an Opening Summit in Europe, a week-long experience in a U.S. host city, a Closing Conference in Washington, D.C., and online engagement-training opportunities. The 2019 YTILI Fellowship year runs from April 1, 2019 to October 31, 2019 with U.S. travel components planned for September 2019.
- Gain professional experience, skills, and connections valuable to enhancing your business or social venture;
- Connect with a dynamic group of experts and mentors in the United States and Europe;
- Expand your professional network and develop relationships with peers and counterparts on both sides of the Atlantic;
- Explore the policy context, financial landscape, and networks of U.S. entrepreneurial ecosystems;
- Join a growing network of dynamic European entrepreneurs committed to enhancing the transatlantic relationship and contributing to the growth of entrepreneurial ecosystems in their home communities.
To be eligible candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Are between the ages of 24 and 35 on November 15, 2018.
- Are eligible to receive a U.S. J-1 visa.
- Have at least two (2) years of entrepreneurial/leadership experience with a startup business or social venture.
- Are not a U.S. citizen or permanent resident of the United States.
- Are not a U.S. government employee.
- Are proficient in reading, writing and speaking English.
Apply for the program here:
The YTILI Fellowship selection process is a merit-based open competition. The application closes at 5:00 p.m. EST on Friday, January 11, 2019. After the deadline, all eligible applications will be reviewed and scored. Following the initial review, U.S. Department of State and GMF will select a group of semi-finalists to be interviewed by the U.S. Embassy Oslo. Notification of the fellowship award will be made by the end of March.
Inquiries regarding this program should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application Deadline is 5:00 p.m. EST on Friday, January 11, 2019!