Domestic Employees of A, G, and NATO Visa Holders (A-3, G-5, or NATO-7)

Personal employees, attendants, domestic workers, or servants of individuals who hold a valid A-1 or A-2, G-1 through G-4, or NATO-1 through NATO-6 visa, need an A-3, G-5, or a NATO-7 visa. As part of the application process, an interview at the U.S. embassy or consulate is required. Proof that the applicant will receive a fair wage, sufficient to financially support himself, comparable to that being offered in the area of employment in the U.S. is required. In addition, the applicant needs to demonstrate that he/she will perform the contracted employment duties. The consular officer will determine eligibility for the A-3, G-5 and NATO-7 visa. Applicants for A-3, G-5 and NATO-7 visas are exempt from paying the visa application fee and must apply for their visa outside the United States.

Important note: Domestic helpers of diplomats (A3) and international organization employees (G5) must first be registered with the Department of State’s Office of Foreign Mission Management Information System (TOMIS) before applying for a visa. For details of TOMIS registration please contact the U.S. Department of State’s Office of Foreign Missions.