The Consular Section of the U.S. Embassy in Oslo is responsible for providing visa services to those seeking to enter the United States for a temporary period.
To contact a customer service representative, please visit the GSS Contact Us page for full information or use contact information below:
- In Norway: 23 96 05 55 (8am-8pm, five days a week)
- In the U.S.: +1 703-520-2568 (7am – 3pm EST, five days a week)
Visiting the Embassy or Consulate
Security for Visitors
- All visits to the Embassy require an appointment. Before you can schedule a U.S. visa appointment, you must complete the online visa application and pay the visa fee. To apply for a U.S. visa, pay the visa fee, and schedule a visa appointment, please visit our Global Support Services (GSS) website.
- Please arrive no more than 15 minutes before or after your scheduled appointment. Late arrivals will be rescheduled.
- You must show valid photo identification.
- Electronic equipment and removable media, hazardous items, liquids, and weapons are not permitted in the Embassy.
- Baby strollers are permitted after a thorough search.
- Visitors must empty their belongings into a 17x16x32 cm box for security purposes. Mobile phones and small items may be stored in the box during your visit. Laptops cannot be stored. Items which do not fit into this space must be stored off Embassy property.
- Please bring only what you need with you for your appointment.
Tips for a smooth and comfortable Embassy visit
- Dress for the weather, you may have to stand in line outside.
- Please bring everything that you need to your appointment. Having all items that you need will eliminate the need to leave and re-enter the Embassy thus going through multiple security checks.
- Please read the checklist on our Global Support Services (GSS) website for detailed information regarding required items for your appointment.
Diplomats, Foreign Government Officials and Members of the Military
A-1, A-2 and G-1 through G-4 visas may be issued to diplomats and other government officials for official travel to the United States. Generally, the type of visa required by a diplomat or other government official depends upon their purpose of travel to the United States. There are very specific requirements which must be met by applicants in order to qualify for A, G or NATO visas under U.S. immigration law.
A, G and NATO visa applicants are exempt from paying non-immigrant visa fees.
For questions regarding official visas and/or to schedule an appointment, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org