The U.S. Embassy makes an effort to send a consular officer to Bergen and Stavanger at least once every calendar year. A consular officer can provide limited services to American citizens, such as witnessing signatures on passport applications and on Consular Reports of Birth Abroad for children born to American citizen parents. This saves you and your children a trip to Oslo.
Occasionally, consular officers may also travel to other Norwegian cities.
Recent and upcoming scheduled visits:
- Bergen October 17th, 2019
- Stavanger October 18th, 2019
American Citizen Services can provide general consular advice and can witness signatures for various application processes such as:
- Parental signatures for passport renewal for U.S. citizen children under the age of 16;
- People renewing a prior U.S. passport issued more than 15 years ago;
- First adult passport for those whose previous passport was issued before the age of 16;
- Witness the signature of U.S. citizen parents applying for a Consular Report of Birth Abroad for a U.S. citizen child.
If you would like to schedule an appointment, please contact the embassy by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put “Appointment Stavanger” or “Appointment Bergen” in the subject field, and include the full names of all applicants and attendants, and what you will be applying for (adult passport, minor passport or register birth of a U.S. citizen).
If you wish to receive details about a consular visit please send an e-mail to email@example.com
You should fill out the appropriate paperwork in advance of the scheduled appointment and be sure you bring all the documentation (forms, ID, photos etc.) to the appointment with you. For more details on the required documents and to download the necessary forms please go to our website or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
American Citizen Services
U.S. Embassy Oslo
Mailing address: PO Box 4075 AMB, 0244 Oslo
Visiting address: Morgedalsvegen 36, 0378 Oslo
After hours emergencies: (47) 21 30 85 40