A demonstration is planned to take place at the U.S. Embassy in Oslo off of Sørkedalsveien in the Huseby neighborhood on Thursday, October 29, 2020 beginning at approximately 2:00 p.m.
The start times of the demonstrations are variable, and we cannot accurately predict the number of demonstrators involved. Furthermore, while most demonstrations in Oslo are coordinated with local police and remain peaceful, even demonstrations expected to be non-violent are unpredictable and can escalate into violence. Accordingly, U.S. citizens are advised to proceed with caution and consider avoiding the area around U.S. Embassy until 6:00 p.m.
Actions to consider:
- Avoid the U.S. Embassy area today, October 29, until 6:00 p.m.
- Remain vigilant and aware of your general surroundings. Exercise caution if in the vicinity of large gatherings or demonstrations.
- When driving, choose alternate routes to avoid the area as traffic delays can be expected.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Keep a low profile.
- Review your personal security plans.
- Follow instructions from police and government authorities.