Demonstration Alert – U.S. Embassy Oslo, Norway – 5 June 2020
A demonstration is planned to take place at the U.S. Embassy in Oslo off of Sørkedalsveien in the Huseby neighborhood on Monday, June 15, 2020, related to ongoing protests occurring across the United States. The demonstration is scheduled to begin at 1630 (4:30 p.m.) at the U.S. Embassy. There may be another demonstration the same day at 1600 (4:00 p.m.) at the Iranian Embassy on Drammensveien in the Skarpsno neighborhood in Oslo.
The start times of the demonstrations are variable, and we cannot accurately predict the number of demonstrators involved. Furthermore, while most demonstrations in Oslo are coordinated with local police and remain peaceful, even demonstrations expected to be non-violent are unpredictable and can escalate into violence. Accordingly, U.S. citizens are advised to proceed with caution and consider avoiding the areas around the U.S. and Iranian Embassies around the time of the demonstrations.
Actions to consider:
- Avoid the U.S. and Iranian Embassy areas from 1400-2000 (2:00pm to 8:00pm).
- Remain vigilant and aware of your general surroundings. Exercise caution if in the vicinity of large gatherings or demonstrations.
- When driving, choose alternate routes to avoid the area as traffic delays can be expected.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Keep a low profile.
- Review your personal security plans.
- Follow instructions from police and government authorities.