Demonstration Alert – U.S. Embassy Oslo, Norway – October 12, 2019
Location: Oslo, from Trafikanten meeting point in front of the Oslo S train station and marching to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
Event: A planned demonstration/ march by a group called the “Ungkurds Norge Riksforbundet and Solidaritet med Kurdistan” will take place this Saturday, October 12 from 15:00 to 17:00 starting at the Trafikanten meeting point in front of the Oslo S train station and marching to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Although most demonstrations in Oslo are coordinated with local police and remain peaceful, U.S. citizens are advised to avoid demonstrations and protest activity as these events can be unpredictable.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid the area in downtown Oslo from Trafikanten to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs from 14:30-17:30.
- Notify friends and family of your safety.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Review your personal security plans.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- U.S. Embassy Oslo, Norway
- +(47) 21 30 85 40
- State Department – Consular Affairs
- 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Norway Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter