Demonstration Alert – U. S. Embassy Oslo, Norway – 12 January 2019
Location: Demonstration at Stortinget (Parliament) downtown Oslo, Norway
Event: A demonstration is planned to take place in the Stortinget area this Saturday, 12 January from 1300 to 1400. The demonstration is related to wildlife management and conservation of Norway’s wolf population. Previous demonstrations related to this issue have attracted up to 10,000 participants. Although most demonstrations in Oslo are coordinated with local police and remain peaceful, U.S. government personnel are advised to avoid the area and proceed with caution from 12:30-14:30 on the date of the protest.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid the area around Stortinget.
- Notify friends and family of your safety.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Review your personal security plans.
- Be aware of your surroundings.