Norwegian Police have advised of a planned demonstration today at the Embassy. The demonstration is scheduled to begin at 11:00. The group involved is a Kurdish organization. A prior demonstration with this group at the New Embassy Compound saw approximately 500 demonstrators and was peaceful. It is not clear where exactly the group will gather.
As always, avoid large groups and demonstration/protest activity as these events can be unpredictable and have potential to turn violent.
For further information:
- See the State Department’s travel website for the Worldwide Caution, Europe Travel Alert, Travel Warnings, Travel Alerts, and Country-Specific Information Sheet for Norway.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Contact the U.S. Embassy in Norway, located at Morgedalsvegen 36, 0378 Oslo, at +47 21 30 85 40, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. weekdays or by e-mail at OsloACS@state.gov or visit the Embassy website at https://no.usembassy.gov/. After hours, on weekends and holidays, follow the voice prompt to be connected with the duty officer.
- Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.