Norwegian Police have advised of a small demonstration planned for today at the Embassy. The demonstration is scheduled to take place from 13:00 to 15:00 by a Uyghurs group of 5-8 people. The same group is also planning a demonstration at the Embassy next week: Monday, July 2, from 13:00 to 15:00, and Tuesday, July 3, from 13:00 to 15:00.
Norwegian Police will be present during these demonstrations. As always, avoid protest activity and proceed with caution.
For further information:
- See the State Department’s travel website for the Worldwide Caution, Europe Travel Alert, Travel Warnings, Travel Alerts, and Country-Specific Information Sheet for Norway.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Contact the U.S. Embassy in Norway, located at Morgedalsvegen 36, 0378 Oslo, at +47 21 30 85 40, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. weekdays or by e-mail at OsloACS@state.gov or visit the Embassy website at https://no.usembassy.gov/. After hours, on weekends and holidays, follow the voice prompt to be connected with the duty officer.
- Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.