Location: Baerum neighborhood
Event: Over the last two weeks, a man has reportedly tried to lure children into his vehicle by stating that he was told by their parents that he could drive them to school. Oslo Police are investigating this matter. U.S. Embassy personnel are reminded to maintain vigilance and situational awareness, even in an area deemed safe.
Actions to Take:
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Review your personal security plans.
- Use caution when walking or driving at night.
- To have a conversation about safety with your children, we can recommend you read this: https://www2.ed.gov/parents/academic/involve/safety/personal_safety.pdf.
- If you are a victim of a crime, or if you feel threatened, please call the police emergency number (112) for immediate assistance.
- U.S. Embassy Oslo, Norway
+47 2130 8540
State Department – Consular Affairs +1(888)407-4747 or (202)501-4444
- Norway International Travel Information (state.gov)
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) (state.gov) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter