Demonstration Alert – U. S. Embassy Oslo, Norway – 13 November 2018
Norwegian Police have advised of a demonstration planned for today November 13th, from 14:00-15:00 at the Embassy. The protest group includes Uyghur activists demonstrating against the government of China. Norwegian Police expect approximately 50 participants to assemble in the grassy area next to the COOP grocery store (east of the Embassy). As always, remain alert and avoid demonstrations as they can be unpredictable. Norwegian Police will be in the area of the Embassy to observe the demonstration.
For further information:
- See the State Department’s travel website for the Worldwide Caution, Europe Travel Alert, Travel Warnings, Travel Alerts, and Country-Specific Information Sheet for Norway.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Contact the U.S. Embassy in Norway, located at Morgedalsvegen 36, 0378 Oslo, at +47 21 30 85 40, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. weekdays or by e-mail at OsloACS@state.gov or visit the Embassy website at https://no.usembassy.gov/. After hours, on weekends and holidays, follow the voice prompt to be connected with the duty officer.
- Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.