Rescue operation of the cruise ship Viking Sky – U. S. Embassy Oslo, Norway – March 24, 2019
Location: Hustadvika off the western coast of Norway
Rescue Operation: The U.S Embassy is aware that Norwegian emergency rescue services are currently working to safely evacuate passengers, including U.S. citizens, from the Viking Ocean Cruises Viking Sky cruise ship off the western coast of Norway. The Embassy is in contact with the Norwegian authorities leading the rescue effort. The Embassy is sending out a team that will meet with U.S. citizen passengers this afternoon and evening to provide Consular services. The safety and security of U.S. citizens is of the utmost importance, and we will provide more information as it becomes available.
If you are concerned about the welfare of a U.S. citizen who was a passenger on the ship, you should attempt to contact them directly to confirm their status. If you are unable to reach them, call the U.S. Department of State at 1-888-407-4747 or contact the Viking Ocean Cruises at 1-888-889-8837 or email firstname.lastname@example.org, Monday – Friday, 6:00 AM – 8:00 PM; Saturday and Sunday, 7:30 AM – 4:00 PM, PDT.
- State Department – Consular Affairs:
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Viking Ocean Cruises at 1-888-889-8837 or email email@example.com, Monday – Friday, 6:00 AM – 8:00 PM; Saturday and Sunday, 7:30 AM – 4:00 PM, PDT
- Norway Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and TwitterU.S. Embassy Oslo, Norway+(47) 21 30 85 40