Event: Below you will find the latest update regarding stricter Norwegian entry requirements. The Department of State advises all U.S. citizens to read country-specific Travel Advisories and U.S. Embassy Oslo’s COVID-19 information page for information.
On January 27, the Norwegian Government implemented stricter entry requirements with fewer exceptions. The changes will go into effect at 12:00am, the morning of Friday, January 29, 2021. For specifics and exceptions, please see the press release.
The following categories are no longer allowed to enter Norway:
- foreign nationals residing in the EEA and EEA nationals residing in third countries (unless covered by exemptions that also apply to third-country nationals);
- family members apart from nuclear families in which the children are minors, for both EEA nationals and others, meaning that grandparents, adult children, parents of adult children and romantic partners may no longer visit;
- foreign nationals from countries outside the EEA who are granted a residence permit in connection with work or study, including as a seasonal worker or student;
- a foreign national who is to work with film or series production or as a researcher who is exempt from the requirement of a residence permit.
- Embassy of the United States of America | https://no.usembassy.gov
Mailing address: P.O. Box 4075 AMB, 0244 Oslo, Norway
Visitors and delivery address: Morgedalsvegen 36, 0378 Oslo, Norway (Consular entrance on Sørkedalsveien)
- State Department Consular Affairs: 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Norway Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter
- U.S. Embassy Oslo’s COVID-19 information page