Event: Below you will find information on new national COVID-19 prevention measures from the Norwegian government. The Department of State advises all U.S. citizens to read country-specific Travel Advisories and U.S. Embassy Oslo’s COVID-19 information page for information.
New National Measures for Quarantine and Recreational Activities
The Norwegian government has implemented stricter measures in response to the increase in COVID-19 cases and in order to prevent the spread of infection to areas with low infection rates. On March 23rd, the Norwegian government announced new regulations for quarantine and recreational activities and recommendations regarding social gatherings and non-essential travel. Please review the press release for specifics.
In addition to the national measures, we recommend that you always check with your Municipality if stricter measures are implemented in your area.
- Embassy of the United States of America | [https://no.usembassy.gov%0b]https://no.usembassy.gov
Mailing address: P.O. Box 4075 AMB, 0244 Oslo, Norway
Visitors and delivery address: Morgedalsvegen 36, 0378 Oslo, Norway
- State Department Consular Affairs: 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Norway Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter
- U.S. Embassy Oslo’s COVID-19 information page
American Citizen Services
Embassy of the United States of America | https://no.usembassy.gov
Mailing address: P.O. Box 4075 AMB, 0244Oslo, Norway
Visitors and delivery address: Morgedalsvegen 36, 0378 Oslo, Norway (Consular entrance on Sørkedalsveien)