The Embassy’s Commercial Section is part of the U.S. Commercial Service, the trade promotion unit of the U.S. Department of Commerce.
U.S. Commercial Service — Creating Prosperity Through Global Trade
The U.S. Commercial Service promotes and protects U.S. commercial interests abroad and delivers customized solutions to ensure that U.S. businesses compete and win in the global marketplace.
The U.S. Commercial Service promotes economic prosperity, enhance job creation, and strengthen national security through a global network of international trade professionals. U.S. Commercial Service trade specialists in 107 U.S. cities and in more than 80 countries work with U.S. companies to help them get started in exporting or increase their sales to new global markets. Our services include:
- World class market research
- Trade events that promote U.S. products or services to qualified buyers
- Introductions to qualified buyers and distributors
- Coordination of resources across federal departments and agencies relevant to business investment in the U.S. See also www.selectusa.gov.
- Counseling and advocacy through every step of the export process.
The U.S. Commercial Service also assists Norwegian companies in accessing U.S. suppliers of products and services for their operations or for distribution in Norway. We offer a variety of services to both U.S. and Norwegian companies to fit almost any need.