The U.S. Embassy in Oslo offers internship opportunities under the Foreign National Student Intern Program (FNSIP). This program is designed specifically for Norwegian citizens and permanent legal residents of Norway, and offers students the unique opportunity of experiencing a U.S. foreign affairs work environment.
Tasks are consistent with the program requirement of providing an educational experience to the student. Participants in the program may be involved in the following issues: research, economic and political report writing, correspondence, information systems, analysis of international matters, consular or visa matters, administrative issues, budget and fiscal issues, human resources management issues, etc.
The Foreign National Student Intern Program is uncompensated. Students participating in the program are not employees of the U.S. Embassy Oslo, the U.S. Department of State, or the U.S. Government.
There are no current opportunities, but the Office for Press, Cultural and Educational Affairs (Public Affairs Section) is considering applications for summer internships. If interested, please see information below.
Eligibility Criteria for Internship Opportunities
To be eligible for the FNSIP, students must meet ALL of the following criteria:
- Minimum Age: Students must be at least 18 years old at the time of participation in the program.
- Citizenship/Legal Residence: The FNSIP is only open to students who are either citizens or permanent legal residents of Norway.
- Meet Definition of Student: Applicants must meet the definition of student, as defined in 5 CFR § 308.101: “Student is an individual who is enrolled not less than half-time in a high school, trade school, technical or vocational institute, junior college, college, university or other accredited educational institution.”
- Transcript and Permission: Applicants must be in good academic standing at their current educational institution and must provide a certified transcript verifying this. Applicants must also provide written permission from their educational institution to participate in the program.
- Security and medical certification is required.
If you have questions about our internship opportunities, please e-mail email@example.com