If working in an international environment appeals to you, you should consider applying for a position at the U.S. Embassy in Oslo. The Embassy is made up of a diverse group of U.S. diplomats and locally employed staff from around the world, who perform a wide variety of roles in support of U.S. foreign policy objectives in Norway.
How to Apply for a Vacancy
We do not accept general applications for employment. Applications will only be accepted for vacancies that are advertised on our website. If you would like to apply for more than one advertised position, a separate application for each position is required.
To be eligible for employment at the U.S. Embassy in Oslo, applicants must have the right to live and work in Norway. The Embassy does not sponsor work permits. Please note that the Embassy will not be able to meet travel or subsistence costs incurred when participating in interviews, nor the costs connected with relocation if offered a position.
All Applications Must Include:
- CV and covering letter in English setting out your motivation for applying for the position, and addressing how you meet each of the qualifications requirements of the position.
- Supporting documentation (e.g. certificates, educational transcripts, licenses) as evidence that you meet the qualification requirements of the position.
- Proof of eligibility to live and work in Norway (e.g. copy of passport, birth certificate, permanent residence card).
Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Department of State provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation. The Department of State also strives to achieve equal employment opportunity in all personnel operations through continuing diversity enhancement programs.
Open to All
- Security Guard (pdf, 347 KB)
- Consular Assistant (Maternity Cover) (pdf, 580 KB)
- Voucher Examiner (ILMS Examiner) (pdf, 482 KB)
- Shipment Assistant (pdf, 477 KB)
- Realty Assistant (Housing and Leasing Agent) (pdf, 480 KB)
- Procurement Travel Clerk (pdf, 481 KB)
- Outreach and Speaker Program Coordinator (Maternity Cover) (pdf, 470 KB)
Open to U.S. Citizens Only
Open to Eligible Family
Read about the Embassy’s internship opportunities here.