Small Grants Program
The Public Affairs Section manages the U.S. Embassy in Oslo’s grants program that is designed to assist non-profit and educational organizations to implement programs for Norwegian audiences that promote the U.S. – Norway relationship.
The U.S. Embassy in Oslo invites grant proposals on a rolling basis throughout the year, especially in the following areas:
- Addressing global security challenges, such as preventing radicalization, countering terrorism and cyber threats, and strengthening NATO
- Promoting a diverse, equal and inclusive society
- Fostering cooperation and sustainable development in the Arctic
The most competitive proposals will include a strong U.S. component to your project, for example if you are bringing a U.S. speaker or expert to Norway, collaborating with a U.S. counterpart, or have a project that promotes U.S. culture, values, and foreign policy.
In addition, we welcome grant proposals that include the following:
- Collaboration across borders (for example speaker tours involving other Nordic countries)
- Cost sharing and partnerships with other organizations
- Projects outside of Oslo
- Projects from alumni of State Department exchange programs
- Projects that reach out to youth and diverse populations