The U.S. Embassy Oslo supports a variety of projects through our ongoing “Small Grants Program,” as well as additional grant opportunities. Please see information below for information on applying and deadlines.
Small Grants Program
The Public Affairs Section manages the U.S. Embassy in Oslo’s grants program that is designed to assist non-profit and educational organizations to implement programs for Norwegian audiences that promote the U.S. – Norway relationship.
The U.S. Embassy in Oslo invites grant proposals on a rolling basis throughout the year, especially in the following areas:
- Addressing global security challenges, such as preventing radicalization, countering terrorism and cyber threats, and strengthening NATO
- Promoting a diverse, equal and inclusive society
- Fostering cooperation and sustainable development in the Arctic
The most competitive proposals will include a strong U.S. component to your project, for example if you are bringing a U.S. speaker or expert to Norway, collaborating with a U.S. counterpart, or have a project that promotes U.S. culture, values, and foreign policy.
In addition, we welcome grant proposals that include the following:
- Collaboration across borders (for example speaker tours involving other Nordic countries)
- Cost sharing and partnerships with other organizations
- Projects outside of Oslo
- Projects from alumni of State Department exchange programs
- Projects that reach out to youth and diverse populations
Please follow the guidelines in the proposal template (DOC 19 KB). Submissions and questions concerning the grants program should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. We request that you submit your proposal no later than two months ahead of the projected start date of your project.