University and College

We have developed detailed information about higher education opportunities in the U.S. in three Norwegian-language brochures:

Short-term exchange at university/college level

The easiest and most common way of going on exchange to the U.S. without pursuing a full degree, is to be a student at a Norwegian academic institution which has an exchange agreement with a U.S. institution. Universities/colleges usually have an international advisor/office that provides information about exchange opportunities.

For other opportunities for short-term education in the U.S., including internships and au pair work, see Education USA’s website.

Required tests for university/college

Many U.S. universities and colleges require applicants to take language and/or entry tests. The most common tests are:

The University of Oslo’s test center has information about these and other tests here.