We have developed detailed information about higher education opportunities in the U.S. in three Norwegian-language brochures:
- Bachelor’s studies (PDF 4.4 MB)
- Master’s studies and Ph.Ds (PDF 3.4 MB)
- Sports scholarship opportunities (PDF 2.3 MB)
Short-term exchange at university/college level
The easiest and most common way of going on exchange to the U.S. without pursuing a full degree, is to be a student at a Norwegian academic institution which has an exchange agreement with a U.S. institution. Universities/colleges usually have an international advisor/office that provides information about exchange opportunities.
For other opportunities for short-term education in the U.S., including internships and au pair work, see Education USA’s website.
Required tests for university/college
Many U.S. universities and colleges require applicants to take language and/or entry tests. The most common tests are:
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)
- Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT)
- Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT)
The University of Oslo’s test center has information about these and other tests here.