Demonstration Alert- U.S. Embassy Norway
Location: U.S. Embassy Oslo
Event: The U.S. Embassy has been advised of a demonstration taking place near the Embassy in Oslo on Saturday, May 14, 2022, from 13:00 – 15:00.
Oslo Police will be present.
Demonstrations on Saturday are expected to begin at 13:00 and continue until 15:00.
The start times and number of demonstrators involved in demonstrations are variable. Furthermore, while most demonstrations are coordinated with local police and remain peaceful, even demonstrations expected to be non-violent are unpredictable and can escalate into violence. Accordingly, U.S. citizens are advised to proceed with caution and consider avoiding the area.
If you are a victim of a crime or feel threatened, please call the police emergency number 112 for immediate assistance.
Actions to consider:
- Avoid the area during demonstrations.
- Remain vigilant and aware of your general surroundings. Exercise caution if in the vicinity of large gatherings or demonstrations.
- When driving, choose alternate routes to avoid the area.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Follow instructions from police and government authorities.