Location: U.S. Embassy Oslo
Event: A demonstration is expected to take place on Friday, November 4, 2022 beginning at 14:40 and lasting until 16:00. The group intends to protest in support of the Tigrayan people.
Oslo Police will be present and will direct the group to a designated area away from the Embassy grounds, a grassy field located approximately 100 meters northeast of the Embassy, near a grocery store. The start times and number of demonstrators involved in demonstrations are variable.
Actions to consider:
- Avoid the area during demonstrations.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Follow instructions from police and government authorities.
- If you are a victim of a crime or feel threatened, please call the police emergency number 112 for immediate assistance.
State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates