Location: U.S. Embassy, Huseby neighborhood, Oslo, Norway
Event: A demonstration is planned to take place at the U.S. Embassy in Oslo off of Sørkedalsveien in the Huseby neighborhood on Friday, January 22, 2021 beginning at approximately 2:30 p.m. The Embassy anticipates 50 demonstrators; local police will direct them to protest in a designated area away from the Embassy grounds. This designated area is a grassy field located approximately 100 meters northeast of the Embassy.The start times and number of demonstrators involved in demonstrations are variable. Furthermore, while most demonstrations in Oslo are coordinated with local police and remain peaceful, even demonstrations expected to be non-violent are unpredictable and can escalate into violence. Accordingly, U.S. citizens are advised to proceed with caution and consider avoiding the area around U.S. Embassy until 6:30 p.m. Remember to maintain vigilance and situational awareness. If you are a victim of a crime, or if you feel threatened, please call the police emergency number (112) for immediate assistance.
Actions to consider:
- Avoid the U.S. Embassy area Friday, January 22, 2021, until 6:30 p.m.
- Remain vigilant and aware of your general surroundings. Exercise caution if in the vicinity of large gatherings or demonstrations.
- When driving, choose alternate routes to avoid the area as traffic delays can be expected.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Keep a low profile.
- Review your personal security plans.
- Follow instructions from police and government authorities.
- U.S. Embassy Oslo, Norway
- +(47) 2130-8540
- State Department – Consular Affairs 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Norway Country Information
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter