Location: Byscenen and Folkebadet in Sandvika, Norway
Event: A demonstration is planned to take place at Byscenen in Sandvika tomorrow, Saturday, April 24, 2021, from 1300-1500. A counter-demonstration will take place just across the Sandvika river by Folkebadet at approximately the same time.
Some roads will be closed from approximately 1100 on Saturday and remain closed for the duration of the demonstrations, at least until 1500. Grocery stores might also close during the demonstrations. The following roads will be closed:
- The bridge by the City Hall will be closed to both pedestrians and cars;
- Parts of the Claude Montes Allé will be closed off for cars;
- Kinoveien will be closed off for cars.
The start times and number of demonstrators involved in demonstrations are variable. Furthermore, while most demonstrations are coordinated with local police and remain peaceful, even demonstrations expected to be non-violent are unpredictable and can escalate into violence. Accordingly, U.S. citizens are advised to proceed with caution and consider avoiding the area from 1100-1700.
Remember to maintain vigilance and situational awareness. If you are a victim of a crime, or if you feel threatened, please call the police emergency number (112) for immediate assistance.
Actions to consider:
· Avoid the Sandvika river area near Byscenen and Folkebadet Saturday, April 24, from 1100-1700.
· Remain vigilant and aware of your general surroundings. Exercise caution if in the vicinity of large gatherings or demonstrations.
· When driving, choose alternate routes to avoid the area.
· Monitor local media for updates.
· Keep a low profile.
· Review your personal security plans.
· Follow instructions from police and government authorities.
· U.S. Embassy Oslo, Norway
· +(47) 2130-8540
· State Department – Consular Affairs 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444