Location: Embassy of the Russian Federation in Norway, Drammensveien 74, 0271 Oslo
Event: The U.S. Embassy has been advised of planned demonstrations in the vicinity of the Embassy of the Russian Federation in Norway (Drammensveien 74, 0271 Oslo) beginning today, February 24.
Demonstrations are expected to continue throughout the weekend and may increase in size. Oslo Police will be present.
The start times and number of demonstrators involved in demonstrations are variable. Furthermore, while most demonstrations are coordinated with local police and remain peaceful, even demonstrations expected to be non-violent are unpredictable and can escalate into violence. Accordingly, U.S. citizens are advised to proceed with caution and consider avoiding the area.
If you are a victim of a crime or feel threatened, please call the police emergency number 112 for immediate assistance.
Actions to consider:
- Avoid the area during demonstrations.
- Remain vigilant and aware of your general surroundings. Exercise caution if in the vicinity of large gatherings or demonstrations.
- When driving, choose alternate routes to avoid the area.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Follow instructions from police and government authorities.
- U.S. Embassy Oslo, Norway
- State Department – Consular Affairs 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Norway Country Information
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter