Health Alert, U.S. Embassy Oslo, Norway
Event: International commercial flight options currently exist in Norway. U.S. citizens who wish to return to the United States should make commercial arrangements as soon as possible unless they are prepared to remain abroad for an indefinite period. The U.S. government has no plans to arrange repatriation flights in Norway at this time.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information on the disease.
- Dial 116 117 for emergency services in Norway if you have severe symptoms such as difficulty breathing. If you are in need of an ambulance, the number is 113. Do not go directly to an emergency department, doctor’s office, or clinic.
- Visit our U.S. Embassy in Norway’s COVID-19 information webpage for information on conditions in Norway
- For information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information regarding foreign countries’ quarantine requirements and other global impacts.
- Have a plan to depart from Norway that does not rely on U.S. government assistance.
- Check with your airlines or cruise lines regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions affecting travel to the U.S.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.