The Department of State has lifted the level 4 global health advisory to avoid all international travel. The Department of State now advises that all citizens reconsider travel to Norway due to COVID-19.
Read the Department of State’s COVID-19 page before you plan any international travel.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has issued a Level 3 Travel Health Notice for Norway due to COVID-19.
Norway has resumed most transportation options, (including airport operations and re-opening of borders) and business operations (including day cares and schools). Other improved conditions have been reported within Norway. Visit the Embassy’s COVID-19 page for more information on COVID-19 in Norway.
Read the country information page.
If you decide to travel to Norway:
- See the U.S. Embassy’s web page regarding COVID-19.
- Visit the CDC’s webpage on Travel and COVID-19.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program(STEP) to receive travel alerts and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Follow the Department of State on Facebookand Twitter.
- Review the Crime and Safety Reportfor Norway.
- Have a contingency plan for emergency situations. Review the Traveler’s Checklist.